Like the look of the new WordPress twenty fourteen theme and want to start tweaking it for your required application.
Take the 2014 theme to the next level through the use of plugins or for the more technically inclined, through creating your own child theme.
Firstly you can see it in action here
The theme comes with the new WordPress 3.8 release or you can grab a copy here
Some more theme info here
Here are a few plugins that will assist you to make changes without needing to install a child theme.
Fourteen Colors – will help you change your coluor scheme
Fourteen Extended – allows you to reconfigure things like sidebar location, site centering etc without any coding.
Quick Specs (measurements in pixels)
- The header image size is
- The main column width is
- Featured images work best with images that are least
- The primary sidebar (left) width is
- The secondary “content” sidebar (right) width is
- Widgets in the footer widget area are
- Single image pages are full-width and
- Uses 2 custom media sizes:
- 672x372px for post thumbnail image size
- and 1038x576px for ‘twentyfourteen-full-width’ custom image size