Using Google Tackout
Goto Google Takeout, select what portions of your Google account you want to archive and click “Next”, choose your archive format and then click “Create archive”. You will be mailed a link to donwload once the archive process has been completed.
Using Gmail Backup
Download Gmail Backup from here, and install it.
Before you run it you will need to reduce Gmails security to allow Gmail Backup access. Go here and “Enable ” less secure access. Remember to “Disable” it once your backup is done.
- Open the Gmail account you want to import from.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “POP Download” section, select Enable POP for all mail.
- In the drop-down menu next to “2. When messages are accessed with POP,” choose what to do with messages in this account, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox (recommended).
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Now run Gmail Backup, put in your Gmail account details and give the software a location to backup to. Finally click Backup, this process may take quite some time if you have a lot of mail in Gmail.