My preferred software installer and software maintenance tool. Get it from patchmypc.com
A nice and fast way to get a bunch of essential software on your PC without much effort. Start it and forget.
Click here this is the list of standard software that I install. To change the selection click “Change Apps” and make your own selection.
Apps include: .NET 4.7.2, Adobe Air, Google Chrome, Google Backup and Sync, Google Earth, Java, Malwarebytes, Adobe Shockwave, Microsoft Silverlight, TeamViewer 13, VLC, WinDirStat, WinRAR
Adobe Acrobat Reader
- https://get.adobe.com/africa/reader/ – make sure to deselect McAfee
- I set Adobe Acrobat as my default PDF software.
Adblocking Browser Extension
- Available for Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox & Opera – I set Chrome as my default browser
Machine specific resources
- F2 BIOS settings
- Dell Command | Update [DCU] – NOTE: This application is compatible with Latitude E-Series, OptiPlex Desktops 745 and newer, Precision Workstations 390 and newer, Precision Mobile M2400 and newer and Venue Pro tablets.
- Dell Update – is supported by some Dell’s: Dell Inspiron, Dell Vostro, Dell XPS, Dell Alienware
- Dell SupportAssist
- F10 or Esc BIOS settings
- Lenovo Companion includes Lenovo System Update – If Lenovo Companion is not on your device, Lenovo Companion 3 for Windows 10, is downloadable from the Microsoft Store at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/lenovo-companion/9wzdncrfj4mv.
- Lenovo System Update 5.07.0065 [Info Page]
- F10 BIOS settings
- Latest HP Support Assistant 220.127.116.11 – SP86979
When doing a clean install of Windows, I have the latest version of Windows 10 on a flash drive. I usually clean any old partitions off the PC and let Windows take care of the setup.
I like to make sure the hard drive is setup using AHCI, you can do this after installing Windows 10 by triggering a boot into Safe Mode and then changing the BIOS to AHCI, the drivers will load once you go into Safe Mode and then you can reboot and all is good.
I also set up the BIOS to use UEFI boot rather than legacy.
Currency to R . ,
Force Install Latest Windows 10 Update
You can also find the Media Creation Tool here which will allow you to download and create a bootable DVD or flash disk for installing Windows 10’s latest version.
Assistive Technologies Windows 10 Upgrade
Choose & Install Manually – Download Pages
- Adobe AIR – https://get.adobe.com/air/
- Adobe Shockwave – https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
- Google Chrome Offline Installer – https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html?standalone=1
- Google Earth Direct Installer – https://support.google.com/earth/answer/168344?hl=en
- JAVA Offline Installer – https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Malwarebytes – https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
- VLC – https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html