You are entitled to a free credit report from any of the main credit data companies. Get to grips with your credit rating with a single free report each year from TransUnion or one of the three other major credit bureaus in South Africa.
Be wary of any sites other than the top 4, I mention, you are handing over your sensitive data, so be careful. Do not enter your data into any unprotected site.
How to get your Free Credit Report
- Goto TransUnion’s website here
- Fill in your details to confirm whether you’ve had a report in the past year
- Signup and follow the instructions to receive your FREE report
By taking a look at the information the credit bureaus have on you, you can gain some insight into what information is being collected on you. You can then correct and possibly improve your current credit rating. Get ready by making some tea and warming up your fingers for quite a bit of typing. You will need to enter quite a lot of information to prove who you say you are.
Other FREE Credit report providers
- My Credit Check is part of Compuscan
- Experian Credit Report – You might need to fax some information as proof of identification to get your report.
- Credit 4 Life Free Report – xds site
- ClearScore – Somehow related to Experian, does a monthly report versus yearly
You can also use a service like Credit Health to get a report that comes from all three bureaus (TransUnion, Experian and XDS) for R89.
Primary SA Credit Bureaus
- TransUnion – https://mytransunion.co.za/
- Experian – http://www.experian.co.za/ – Login Page
- XDS – http://www.xds.co.za/
- Compuscan – https://compuscan.co.za/
You can find more on the main credit bureaus at http://creditbureau.co.za/ – this site is owned by Kudough
Kudough (NCRCB29) also offer’s reports for R89 per report here
Site’s I don’t trust for Credit Reports
As I said before be careful who you trust with your data, do not hand over your details other than to the 4 primary SA Credit Bureaus.
- http://creditbureau.co.za/ – not secure
- https://creditreportsa.co.za/ – Owned by http://imumarketing.com/ –
http://co.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=creditreportsa&Enter=Enter – they refer your data to https://mycreditstatus.co.za/ which belongs to
Domain information for the sites listed in the article
- https://mytransunion.co.za/ – http://co.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=mytransunion&Enter=Enter
- https://www.mycreditcheck.co.za/ – http://co.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=mycreditcheck&Enter=Enter
- https://www.creditexpert.co.za/ – http://co.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=creditexpert&Enter=Enter
- https://www.credit4life.co.za/ – http://co.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=credit4life&Enter=Enter
- https://www.clearscore.com/za/ –
- http://creditbureau.co.za/ – http://co.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=creditbureau&Enter=Enter