If you Xtreamer is not responding to the remote, won’t play files it should, hangs or keeps losing the display and you already have the latest firmware installed, then you probably need an emergency firmware upgrade. [I take no personal responsibility for any issues you had, have or may have with this procedure.] It has worked for me recently when the Xtreamer Pro kept dropping signal to the HDMI connected projector.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try another USB/Flash stick/drive. I originally tried with a old cheap no-name brand 1GB drive which would just not start the firmware upgrade, I then switched to a 2GB Verbatim and voila. [Remember it must be FAT32 formatted, I suggest starting with a format to get your flashdrive in the most pristine condition.]
- It might be necessary to run the procedure several times.
Instructions – please follow exactly for best results
- Unplug all cables from your Xtreamer Pro
- Wait 30 minutes – whilst you are waiting, do the following
- Download the latest Xtreamer Pro Emergency Firmware Zip file
- Format your 1-2GB USB stick to FAT32
- Extract the Xtreamer Pro Emergency Firmware Zip file to the root of your flash drive [If the firmware is not in the root of the USB the process will fail]
- Plug your USB stick into rear “USB HOST” port of your Xtreamer Pro
- Use the component cable to connect to your TV, or Amplifier [HDMI connections don’t always display correctly and sometimes halt the upgrade. Or just leave the display unconnected and reconnect once your Xtreamer restarts. You’ll hear it power off and start up.]
- Plug in the Xtreamer’s power cable
- On your remote control, press and release these 3 buttons in sequence “Home” (grey button with house symbol on it), “3” (yellow button with DELETE underneath it) and finally the “Power” (top-left, orange button). [Make sure to stand close to your Xtreamer Pro box and point the remote directly at it to make sure the unit receives the remotes signal clearly.]
Your Xtreamer should startup and go into the Emergency Firmware Upgrade screen within about a minute. If it takes longer than 5 minutes and stays on the Xtreamer splash screen with no activity on your USB stick – try another stick.
If the unit starts as normal – you did not press the correct sequence or the Xtreamer player did not receive the signal properly, try again.
Improving Xtreamer Stability/Reliability
I have found that plugging the Xtreamer Pro directly into my PC via eSATA and allowing my PC to run scandisk seemed to fix any minor issues it was having.