The T330 is a generation 13 Dell server or 13G
Dell Repository Manager
If you are not familiar with server architecture or setup, the simplest way to update is to use the latest Platform Specific Bootable ISO available from dell.com. The ISO carries all the Dell EMC firmware Update Packages required for updating the server. The updates are completed automatically after starting the server from the corresponding image. This may take up to 1 hour to complete when running locally.
This works particularly well when your server is very out of date.
Platform Specific Bootable ISO, PET330, 21.12.00
- BIOS 2.12.0
- iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller Firmware 188.8.131.52, A00
- SAS-RAID Firmware 25.5.9.00001, A17
- SAS-Drive Firmware 45 A00
- Network Firmware 21.81.3
- Storage Firmware 1.12, A03
After running the ISO it is then simpler to the do the updates to the latest versions.
iDRAC8 Firmware Update
- Remotely login to iDRAC – Default User is root & Password is calvin or on the server itself select Lifecycle Controller
- Go to Overview>iDRAC Settings>Update and Rollback. The Firmware Update page is displayed.
- On the Update tab, select HTTPS and enter downloads.dell.com in the Share Name/Address field. Then enter catalog in the File Path or Update package path to download the latest update catalog.
- Click Browse, select the firmware image file for the required component, and then click Upload.
- After the upload is complete, the Update Details section displays each firmware file that is uploaded to iDRAC and its status. If the firmware image file is valid and was successfully uploaded, the Contents column displays a (
+) icon next to the firmware image file name. Expand the name to view the Device Name, Current, and Available firmware version information.
- Select the required firmware file and do one of the following:
- For firmware images that do not require a host system reboot, click Install. For example, iDRAC firmware file.
- For firmware images that require a host system reboot, click Install and Reboot or Install Next Reboot.
- To cancel the firmware update, click Cancel.
- When you click Install, Install and Reboot, or Install Next Reboot, the message Updating Job Queue is displayed.
- Click Job Queue to display the Job Queue page, where you can view and manage your pending firmware updates. You can also click OK to refresh the current page and view the status of the firmware update.
Dell EMC has retired ftp.dell.com and transitioned exclusively to downloads.dell.com, which is accessible via HTTPS.