My preferred bulk software installer & software maintenance/update tool. Get it from patchmypc.com
A nice and fast way to get a bunch of essential software on your PC without much effort. Start it and forget.
Click here this is the list of standard software that I install. To change the selection click “Change Apps” and make your own selection.
Apps include: .NET 4.7.2, Adobe Air, Google Chrome, Google Backup and Sync, Google Earth, Java, Malwarebytes, Adobe Shockwave, Microsoft Silverlight, TeamViewer 13, VLC, WinDirStat, WinRAR
Adobe Acrobat Reader
- https://get.adobe.com/africa/reader/ – make sure to deselect McAfee and any other add-ons
- I usually set Adobe Acrobat as my default PDF software
Adblocking Browser Extension
- Available for Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox & Opera – I set Chrome as my default browser
Machine specific resources
- Press F2 to access BIOS settings, F12 for Boot options
- Dell Command | Update [DCU] – NOTE: This application is compatible with Latitude E-Series, OptiPlex Desktops 745 and newer, Precision Workstations 390 and newer, Precision Mobile M2400 and newer and Venue Pro tablets.
- Dell Update – is supported by some Dell’s: Dell Inspiron, Dell Vostro, Dell XPS, Dell Alienware
- Dell SupportAssist
- Press F10 or ESC for BIOS settings
- Lenovo Companion includes Lenovo System Update – If Lenovo Companion is not on your device, Lenovo Companion 3 for Windows 10, is downloadable from the Microsoft Store at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/lenovo-companion/9wzdncrfj4mv.
- Lenovo System Update 5.07.0065 [Info Page]
- Press F10 for BIOS settings
- Latest HP Support Assistant 9.6.714.0 / 184.108.40.206 version depends on your model of HP – SP108770
When doing a clean install of Windows, I have the latest version of Windows 10 on a flash drive. I usually clean any old partitions off the drive and let Windows take care of the setup after making sure the BIOS is set to UEFI and AHCI.
Changing Windows 10 from RAID to AHCI Mode
I like to make sure the hard drive is setup using AHCI, you can do this after installing Windows 10 by triggering a boot into Safe Mode and then changing the BIOS to AHCI, the drivers will load once you go into Safe Mode and then you can reboot and all is good.
Currency to R . , and region to South Africa
Force Install Latest Windows 10 Update
You can also find the Media Creation Tool here which will allow you to download and create a bootable DVD or flash disk for installing Windows 10’s latest version.
Assistive Technologies Windows 10 Upgrade
Choose & Install Manually – Download Pages
- Adobe AIR – https://get.adobe.com/air/
- Adobe Shockwave – https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
- Google Chrome Offline Installer – https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html?standalone=1
- Google Earth Direct Installer – https://support.google.com/earth/answer/168344?hl=en
- JAVA Offline Installer – https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Malwarebytes – https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
- VLC – https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html