I use WordPress as the foundation for the sites I build.
I charge a flat fee of R1800 per year for managed WordPress hosting.
What this means is that once your site is setup and all the plugins are installed, I will update to newer versions of WordPress and the necessary plugins monthly. For this I will make sure your site is running the latest & greatest version of WordPress and update all the plugins installed. This also includes yearly domain re-registration.
WordPress Hosting includes:
- 100MB webspace (most sites are under 10MB)
- 1000MB of traffic monthly ( a well designed site shouldn’t use more than this, if you need more it can be added at a later date)
- 1 additional subdomain
- 10 e-mail addresses
- yearly domain registration or renewal
WordPress is an open source blogging tool that also allows for static site development. The beauty of it is that you get a database driven website for no more effort than is required to build a standalone static solution.
Want to add additional functionality, WordPress has hundreds of plugins for nearly every possible need.
- Newsletter Management
- Shopping Cart
- Statistics Tracking
- you name it…
If you need to transfer your current hosting, here are a few things you need to take into account
- Time: Give yourself plenty of time to transfer your domain. Make sure it is done in before the middle of the month in case their are any unforeseen delay’s.
- e-mail addresses: the addresses you currently use will need to be setup on the new server before your account is transferred so you don’t lose any mail.
- Current hosts IP: You will need your current hosts IP to be able to grab any mail left on their server once you have transferred your account.
I recommend using Elitehost if you are looking more simplistic hosting or if you have the skill to manage your own hosting solution.