WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9190 MODEL RUNNING KITKAT 4.4.2!
I take no responsibility for your successes or failures.
You will need:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 running KitKat 4.4.2
- To ensure you data is backed up
- USB Debugging enabled, go to Settings>About device then click “Build number” until your phone enables “Developer mode” then go to Settings>Developer options, check USB Debugging
- A working USB cable & Samsung USB drivers installed, installed if you have KIES
- Make sure KIES is not running, Odin & KIES don’t play nicely
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini – GT-I9190.zip – Click here to download (30MB) [Tested virus free, includes Odin 3.10.7, CF-Auto-Root-serrano3g-serrano3gub-gti9190.tar.md5 & recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-serrano3gxx.tar.md5]
Rooting GT-I9190 running KitKat 4.4.2
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini – GT-I9190.zip to your computer, you can run a virus scan to be safe
- Extract the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini – GT-I9190.zip to a folder on your hard drive
- Power off your phone and then hold the Volume down+Home+Power buttons together. Once you enter Download mode, press the Volume up button to have it say “Downloading…”
- Now connect it to your computer and start Odin [you will need to be running as Admin]
- Click the AP button and select the serrano3g-serrano3gub-gti9190.tar.md5 file
- Click on the Start button and wait for the procedure to finish., your phone should automatically reboot
- Now repeat steps 5&6 and this time in the AP field select recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-serrano3gxx.tar.md5 file and click on Start.
- Your phone will once again reboot and you should have root access as well as a CWM Recovery 22.214.171.124 installed.
To get rid of the warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app