A place to store a list of the tools and boot CD’s I use, their locations and the version I currently have. [All links open in new tab or window] Last updated 14th November 2019
Windows PC’s System Rescue Discs
Click on the name to go to the website and the version to go to the download page.
- Active@ Boot Disk [Evaluation] – 15, 18th October 2019
- Dr.Web Cure IT Free for home use – 1st June 2017
- Falcon Fours Ultimate Boot CD – 4.6.1, 08th August 2013 – with Kon Boot
- Hiren’s BootCD PE x64 (v1.0.1), 21 June 2018
- SystemRescueCD – 6.0.3, 14th April 2019
- Trinity Rescue Kit – 3.4 build 372, 29th April 2011
- Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) – 5.3.8, 19th March 2018
- Katana – no longer available, you’ll have to search the torrents – 2.0, 11th October 2010 – with Kon Boot [Found v3.0 beta by searching for ‘katana suite’ on TPB] // Hugely comprehensive boot DVD includes – the Ultimate Boot CD, CAINE, Ultimate Boot CD for Windows, Ophcrack Live, Puppy Linux, Trinity Rescue Kit, Clonezilla
- BootMed – was bootmed.com – Looks like it is dead
- Avira Rescue System – No longer available
- Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows – ubcd4win.com – looks like it is dead
Other Useful Tools
- 3DP Net (14.12), 31 December 2014 – Auto Detects and Installs Network Drivers, I haven’t tried it yet but it looks like it should be able to get your new install up and running by supplying the correct or temporary network drivers.
- AVG Rescue CD – No longer available
- Knoppix – 8.6.0, Date unknown – A complete version of Linux
- SeaTools Bootable & older SeaTools for DOS (2.23)
- Clonezilla – v2.6.4-10, 24th October 2019 – Open source disk cloning tool
- FreeNAS – v11.2-U6, 17th September 2019 – Open source software for creating a feature rich NAS
- Parted Magic – v2019_11_04, 04th November 2019 – Partitioning, Cloning, Recovery, and Rescue Software. The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful programs.
- GParted – 18.104.22.168, 18th September 2017 – GParted you can resize, copy, and move partitions without data loss
|i486||– 32-bit version runs on x86 and x86-64 based computers, limited to physical address space of 4 gigabytes, and uses one processor only.|
If in doubt, try this one first.
|i686-PAE||– 32-bit version runs on x86 (i686 and higher) and x86-64 based computers, with Physical Address Extenstion to access more than 4 gigabytes of memory, and supports use of multiple processor cores.|
|amd64||– 64-bit version runs on x86-64 based computers, with ability to access more than 4 gigabytes of memory, and supports use of multiple processor cores.|
Diskwarrior $119.95 – v5.2
Great software that I have used once before on a friends Mac, recommended by another mate that is a Mac fundi/expert.